Most of the building is very ancient: it used to be a monastery of Hierosolymitan monks (it dates back to about 1400), who created a watering system for their fields and a rainwater down-flow.
The waters, through some channels, were directed into big round stone-built basins, called “pile” (a kind of cells). The “pile” were used to stock the water for the dry periods; only the exceeding water flew out towards a natural channel, called "Gravaglione". This very intelligent system, realized by Torricella monks in 1500, gave the name to the valley in the heart of which there is the farm, the "Canale delle Pile", (today incorrectly renamed Canale di Pirro).
The few existing evidences can be seen inside the holiday farm and offer the possibility for a walk through the “agriculture in archaeology”. Later on the building complex was changed into a private holiday farm, dedicating some buildings to the holiday farm activity.